POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (WIP Update #2) : Down the Drain (WIP Update #2) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Down the Drain (WIP Update #2)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 1 Mar 2006 14:04:27
Message: <4405f03b@news.povray.org>
So, here's the latest.

Added a chain to show that the plug for rescueing the heart is really
missing, not just out of view. Wrote a quick script for the chain to put the
links along a bicubic-bezier-spline (my own Include-File, not the splines
shipping with POV-Ray) and tweaked the position and rotation to look proper.

Also worked on the water to avoid a broad area of the same shade in the
lower left corner. Caustics, non-photon-mapped, added a little to the
variance of colors there and made the ripples more obvious. Photon's don't
have the desired effect on the lighting, so I'm gonna scrap that.

I've also decided to stick with the nice and clean environment I got now and
not go down the road and try to age the sink and all.

Yet to try is to add a few water droplets on some surfaces, and tweaking the
focal-blur. Aside of that, I'm very satisfied with how it turned out. I
still won't call it final, because I still might make another drastic change
or two, depending on the comments from here and from a close friend whom
I'll see tomorrow.

As always, comments and suggestions appreciated! :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"